Emotional Support for Adults -
In the wake of Covid-19 I have been contacted by adults who are dealing with a range of issues and feelings they find difficult to explain. Whether they are recent or historical it is possible to manage these emotions successfully and understand their origins. There is signposting to individual and group support, including therapeutic interventions through face-to-face appointments, phone and video (eg: online counselling). The work includes:
- Feeling able to put your anxieties in perspective
- Learning calming strategies and managing intrusive and negative thoughts
- Accepting and recognising that everyone has, in some way, been affected by Covid-19
- Understanding the loss of control, isolation and anxiety you have been feeling.
Additional Offer of Support to Adults
Some adults struggle with building and maintaining appropriate relationships. In some cases adults struggle with levels of social anxiety, with communication issues due to Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) or Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and with work-based relationships. It is possible to explore behaviours that originate in childhood and break the cycle to avoid them continuing throughout your life or the lives of your children.
- Have adverse childhood experiences (ACEs) affected your life as an adult?
- Do aspects of your behaviour make you feel uncomfortable in social situations?
- Would you like to improve personal or work-based relationships that affect your behaviour?
Contact me to discuss how I can help.